Matrix - USB2UART
- The Matrix - USB2UART is a USB to TTL serial module that uses high-quality CH340T bus interface chip to achieve bi-directional conversion between USB and TTL serial interfaces.
- The module has a 500mA self-recovery fuse, which effectively prevents short circuits and over-current damage to the USB port. It can output 5V voltage, which can be controlled by a switch and also includes reverse connection protection. Additionally, the Tx and Rx pins of the serial port have increased protection against high voltage.
- Interface: 2.54mm 4-pin header
- Short-circuit protection
- Over-current protection
- Reverse connection protection
- High-voltage protection
- 5V output switchable
- PCB size (mm): 18x30
- Pin descriptions:
|5V||Power supply 5V output (up to 500mA)|
|RX||Serial port receive pin of module|
|TX||Serial port transmit pin of module|
3 Driver Installation
Note: No driver installation is required for Linux.
Insert the module into a USB port on your computer and check whether the serial port is recognized in the device manager. If it is not recognized, download and install the serial port driver from the following link: Matrix - USB2UART Driver
4 Hardware Connection
4.1 Connecting to NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2/NEO Plus2
Matrix - USB2UART connecting to the debug serial port of NanoPi NEO2
Note: Due to the limited current output of a PC USB port, and the fact that NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2/NEO Plus2 requires 5V/2A power supply, an independent power supply must be used to power NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2/NEO Plus2.
Matrix - USB2UART connected to the debug serial port of NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO Plus2, as shown below:
|Matrix-USB2UART||NanoPi NEO DBG_UART|
NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2/NEO Plus2 can then be operated on the PC using terminal software. The following example uses putty.
5 Related Resources
6 Hardware Update
- Matrix - USB2UART Version Compare & List（Hardware）
Version USB2UART V1.0 USB2UART V1.1 Photo Switch Function ① Toggle switch for switching the serial port output signal level
① Toggle switch for controlling the 5V output to turn on or off.
Interface ② Uses 2.54mm 5-pin header with 3.3V output ② Uses 2.54mm 4-pin header without 3.3V output]]